Weblog design

I never really liked the design of my weblog. When I moved from Blogger to Movable Type I was more worried about getting every entry converted to the new system and lost sight of structure and design issues. I finally decided to do something. I have changed my XHTML to include more lists, spans, and divs to create more specific blocks of code. Each entry is part of an ordered list and has its own unique list item id. I might have gone too far when I made some lists with one item, but those lists have room for expansion so it seemed to make the most sense. The next step is to make the page render in a pretty format on browsers that follow standards. Then I will make some hacks to allow other major browsers to display the page correctly. Finally there will be much better search functionality. Small steps in the right direction. Please pardon my dust.
  • Posted
  • Updated at
  • No comments