- About 60,000 lines of PHP code.
- About 60,000 lines of templates.
- About 25,000 database transactions per second at peak.
- 13 selects per insert/update/delete.
- About 1,000 pages per second at peak.
- They use Java for their node service and as a FTP daemon.
Cal Henderson of Ludicorp gave a presentation to the Vancouver PHP Association on September 9 about Flickr’s general architecture and the use of PHP. A zip of the PowerPoint presentation is available on Flickr’s site. I converted the PowerPoint presentation to a PDF file for easy viewing. (via MovableBlog Asides) Some interesting statistics on Flickr as of September 2004: