Six Apart plans to release version 3.16 of Movable Type this Monday, April 18. The new release includes over 100 bug fixes and improvements including significant security fixes making this a must-have for all Movable Type installations.
Some highlights from the private changelog:
- Added support for Creative Commons 2.0 licenses.
- Improved sanitization of user-submitted HTML (e.g. comments).
- DateTime perl module is no longer required.
- New “DebugMode” configuration parameter can enable/disable unsightly warning messages. (Defaults to off).
- Subcategories are displayed hierarchically in the administrative interface.
MTCategoryCountno longer includes draft entries.
MTCommentAuthorLinkdefault behavior is to not display commenter’s e-mail address
- TrackBack discovery is now more forgiving when domain name is mismatched.
- Easier dynamic publishing setup.
post_savecallbacks now have access to the original object as well as the object which was saved.
Who-hoo! Some of the things I have tweaked in my install made it into the core.