I just created a new application icon for OS X using the NewsGator logo. Here’s how you swap logos for NetNewsWire:
- Find the NetNewsWire application on your hard drive. It is most likely in your Applications folder.
- Right-click, and select “Show Package Contents.”
- Open the “Contents” folder.
- Open the “Resources” folder.
- Replace the existing appIcon.icns with the new NewsGator icon (you may want to back up your existing copy).
- Launch NetNewsWire.
Yes, it could be more pretty with transparencies, so feel free to modify if you like the idea.