I use voice over IP applications such as Skype and Gizmo Project but I don’t follow industry developments in the same detail as Om Malik and his broadband blog. Om and I tried out the podcasting abilities of Gizmo Project tonight with a 19 minute discussion of the current state of voice over IP (VoIP). We talk about some of the industry basics, news of the week, and where the industry as a whole is headed.
Click here to download the 8.7 MB MP3 file.
- Skype vs. Gizmo Project
- Dialing out to a phone grid
- Microsoft Windows Live Call
- Cost per lead and cost per acquisition business models for business listings combined with VoIP
- Packet prioritization for carrier voice traffic
- VoIP consumer hardware
- Internet Voice Campaign and other consumer adoption initiatives
Tags: comcast, gizmoproject, skype, sonus, timewarner, voip