The Pew Internet & American Life Project has some new statistics available from its survey of 2,871 internet users from January 2005 through March 2005.
- 9% of internet users now say they have created blogs.
- 6% of the entire U.S. adult population have created blogs.
- 25% of internet users say they read blogs.
- The number of adult readers of blogs is about 40% of the size of the talk radio audience.
- The blog-reading audience is about 20% of the size of the newspaper-reading population.
I will comment more once the full report is available.